http://www.RichCleaner.com to register… Tony Hsieh will be the key note speaker at Joe Polish’s Piranha Marketing Rich Cleaner Conference and Trade Show 2009. Sign up for the Early Bird Rate now!
Tony Hsieh interviewed by Joe Polish…Join us for the upcoming Genius Network Annual Event! Learn more at http://www.GeniusNetworkEvents.com
In 1999, at the age of 24, Tony Hsieh (pronounced Shay) sold LinkExchange, the company he co-founded, to Microsoft for $265 million.
He then joined us as an advisor and investor, and eventually became CEO, where he helped us grow from almost no sales to over $1 billion in gross merchandise sales annually, while simultaneously making Fortune magazines annual Best Companies to Work For list. In November 2009, Zappos.com, Inc. was acquired by Amazon.com in a deal valued at $1.2 billion on the day of closing.
* Personal and Emotional Connection (PEC): Customer Service is more about an attitude and the ability to help a customer and go above and beyond.
* The long-term vision & values are dictated from the top, but then, most of the decision making comes from the frontline employees, because they’re the ones that are closest to the customers anyway.
* “How can we create that environment and what processes can we have where employees feel like they not only have permission but are encouraged to just be themselves and let their true individuality and creativity shine?”
* Definition of ‘Brand’: A shortcut to an emotion or a set of emotions. Consumers/customers are in control of your brand.
* Hire for Culture: “We have these 10 core values, and we want people that basically have the same personal core values.”
Joe Polish is the Founder and President of Piranha Marketing Inc. He is also the creator of the Genius Network® Interview Series, founder of Genius Network® (also known as the 25K Group), and Co-Founder of 10XTalk.com, and ILoveMarketing.com, two highly popular free podcasts on iTunes.
Joe has an Entrepreneurial Focus on Value Creation, Connection, and Contribution. His marketing expertise has been utilized to build thousands of businesses and has generated hundreds of millions for his clients, ranging from large corporations to small family-owned businesses.
Joe’s marketing audio program with Nightingale-Conant, “Piranha Marketing”, has continued to be their number one best selling marketing program for nearly a decade.
The Genius Network® interview series taps into the wisdom of some of the greatest entrepreneurial and marketing minds on the planet. Best selling authors from Bill Phillips to David Bach, marketing pioneers from Joe Sugarman to Gary Halbert to John Carlton, and perhaps the best-known high- adrenaline entrepreneur, Sir Richard Branson.
Joe’s I love Marketing® podcast with marketing consultant and productivity expert, Dean Jackson, has become a worldwide phenomena with I Love Marketing Meetup groups throughout North America, Europe, Asia & Australia.
Joe’s passions today are continuing to develop his high level Genius Network Mastermind® group, a marketing “brainstorming” group for highly successful entrepreneurs, and his charitable fundraising mastermind which has raised well over three million dollars to date for Virgin Unite to help fund entrepreneurial schools and humanitarian programs.
For more about this year’s event, go to: http://www.GeniusNetworkEvents.com
Tony Hsieh interviewed by Joe Polish…https://youtu.be/Rfhin6BX0GM