Bob Bly turned a career in chemical engineering and technical writing into one of the world’s most notable copywriting careers.
Along the way he also became the prolific bestselling author of more than 100 published books.
I recorded this interview last year shortly before he published book #100. He’s published more since, including The Content Marketing Handbook.
Copywriters and smart advertisers around the world consider Bob Bly’s book, The Copywriter’s Handbook, one of the best on the subject.
That includes “The Father of Advertising” David Ogilvy who once said, “I don’t know a single copywriter whose work would not be improved by reading this book.”
Yes, it’s that good. And this interview is that good, too. Those who wish to write for a living will learn a wealth of information from Bob in today’s episode as he shares…
– When to publish with a traditional publisher vs. when to self publish
– The big advantages of working with a traditional publisher – even as a new writer (beyond the advance)
– Real world income levels in Kindle publishing vs traditional publishing
– One reason why choosing a niche is so important to start… and not so much later
– Three keys to becoming a good writer of any type
– Bob’s process from idea through publication for writing a book
– What you should do before becoming a full-time writer
Important Links & Mentions
The Copywriter’s Handbook
The Digital Marketing Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating Websites That Sell
The Big Book of Words That Sell: 1200 Words and Phrases That Every Salesperson and Marketer Should Know and Use
Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $100,000 a Year or More
Charles Proteus Steinmetz: The Electrical Wizard of Schenectady
Visit Bob’s Website for Copywriting and Internet Marketing Strategy
Get Over $100 of Free Reports from Bob Bly
The Content Marketing Handbook: How to Double the Results of Your Marketing Campaigns
Get Free Content Marketing Training Direct from Bob Bly as a Solopreneur Success Connections Member! Use discount coupon code SS30FREE to get your 30-day free trial!
Find the rest of the show notes & links at:
Subscribe to the Solopreneur Success Podcast